Sunday, May 3, 2009

We won the Kentucky Derby! Horse #8


Duke Marketing Team Wins
Kentucky Derby with $2 Ticket!

Networld Alliance gives Duke $2 ticket for Horse #8 and Wins!


The Kentucky Derby took place Saturday, May 2nd and the Duke Marketing team anxiously watched the event on TV. "We received a letter and $2 ticket for horse #8 in the Derby from Networld Alliance chairman Dick Good," said Linda Duke. Networld Alliance is based in Louisville and each year celebrates their hometown event, the Kentucky Derby. "This year Dick purchased derby tickets for some of his friends and clients, and gave me and my team a $2 ticket for the Number 8 horse to win--Mine That Bird." Duke is one of the founding members of the Fast Casual Alliance and board member, and is also a contributing writer for QSR, Fast Casual and Pizza Marketplace, all media properties by Networld.


"I've never been to the derby but now after watching on TV and seeing my horse win--I want to go next year for sure," Duke said. The winning horse, Mine That Bird, was a long shot at 50-1 odds and with Duke's $2 ticket that is a nice $100 win! "I am so excited I won and plan to donate the $100 for a good cause," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment