October is already here ,and I thought I would share nine ideas for driving sales this month:
1) Plan for Halloween. It is on Saturday this year. Host a kids costume contest. Have kids eat free if they wear costumes.
2) Football is back. Create an October football promotion every Sunday with take-out offers (free appetizer with a to-go order) to make additional sales. Host the local high school football team and cheerleaders for their pep rally before a big home game with an offer (free beverage with purchase of entree).
3) Pumpkin, figs, cranberry, grapes, and pomegranate are all in season. Try adding something new to the menu for a limited time with fall flair.
4) Gear up for gift card sales and holiday catering orders! Put a plan in place and hit the streets!
5) Take some photos of your food and post them on your Facebook page and ask your fans for feedback. Don't have a Facebook page yet? Set it up!
6) Celebrate Dessert Month (yes October is Dessert month, and apple month) so promote a dessert special. Try two desserts for the price of one.
7) Columbus Day is October 12th, and is a good day or week to feature any Italian specialty menu items. It is also the Day of the Dead celebrated by Mexican-Americans and Thanksgiving Day in Canada.
8) October 22nd is National Nut Day and I don't know about you, but I am celebrating! I'm nutty! :)
9) Get your plans in place for November and December--do you need to get employee gifts? How about a favorite cause to raise funds or collect toys/ food for Thanksgiving? Plan now--the holidays will be here in 7 weeks (that is Nov. 25th).