Get Ready for Summer!
When the months begin to heat up, there is no better time to introduce summer menu promotions. Summer marketing programs allow for numerous creative options that get your staff and customers excited.
- New items to update your patio such as umbrellas, table settings, tiki torches, bulb lights for night time and outdoor plants.
- New menu items that introduce the flavors of summer such as blended drinks and healthier selections.
- Fun list of games, activities and fundraisers to get the community involved.
- Updated menus, table cloths and uniforms that correspond with the weather and help brighten up your restaurant.
Make use of your patio. If your restaurant has a patio
it is time to make use of the tables and chairs that have been idle during
the cold winter months. Breathing new life into your patio will give you
restaurant a brighter and more inviting feel that will help draw people to
your restaurant. Here are some ways to get your patio in tune with the weather:
- Dust off the tables and chairs. If you have cushions on the chairs replace them and buy new umbrellas to go with the tables. If you have wood tables in your outdoor area, a new stain on them can make all the difference.
- If your patio is looking drab and sparse, outdoor plants suited for the kind of weather in your area help uplift the outdoor area. Smaller potted plants or flowers on the tables also look great and festive.
- For night time, lighting the patio with tiki torches or small outdoor lights gives the restaurant a romantic feel and is a great way to get people to sit outside.
- For really hot days, use misters around the perimeter can help cool down the outdoor area for guest’s to sit outside comfortably.
- Summertime promotions. There are wonderful opportunities for outdoor promotions. Here are some ideas:
- Throw a summer event with games and activities for the whole community to enjoy. Have this event during a happy hour so that adults and kids can get involved. Use your creativity to think of games that relate to the summer months such as musical chairs using ice blocks or a water balloon toss. Pass out prizes for the winners such a complementary meal cards.
- Create an outdoor fundraiser to support a local charity. Use the parking lot in front of your restaurant for the event. Do face painting and chalk drawings for the kids. Have free food and raffle prizes for the adults.
- Support an outdoor run or walk for a cause and have the event start and end at your restaurant.
- Sponsor an outdoor event in your community. Set up a booth at the event and sell food and donate part of the food sales to a local charity.
- Spice up your menu items and offer summertime specials. Refreshing blended concoctions that use warm weather fruits such as berries, melons, mangos, pineapple and coconut will be a guaranteed hit. You can make these drinks alcoholic or non-alcoholic and serve them in tall frosted glasses with paper umbrellas and bright straws. Take advantage of the hot weather to promote lighter foods such as fresh salads and healthy menu options such as fish. For kids, use colored ice cubes in soda and juice to get them excited as well.
- Brighten everything in your restaurant. From table settings and menus to staff uniforms. With a few touches added to your restaurant you will see the employees and customers brighten up and in turn you will see your sales perk up as well.
More Recipes like this? We wrote the book!